On 10 December 2019, the Secretariat of the Committee for Development Policy (CDP) in New York briefed on the progress of the CDP’s comprehensive multi-year review of the LDC criteria, mandated by the General Assembly. The presentation provided information on:
- The assessment of the relevance of the LDC category in the current development thinking,
- The review of the concept and basic rules for LDC graduation,
- The review of the LDC criteria and its indicators,
- The review of the procedures for the application of the LDC criteria,
- Ways to capture additional relevant factors not covered by the LDC criteria, and
- The review of the rules for recommending highly vulnerable countries for graduation.